I am using this blog to chart my journey as I get involved with stitched textiles again after a gap of twenty odd years. I've tried once or twice recently to get started, but time - the lack of it - got in my way. Now seems right though, and this online diary will be my reminder not to let it slip through my fingers again.
Wish me luck.

Sunday 28 March 2010

Just For The Hell Of It

Just for the hell of it - a quick digression from the monochrome theme. There were elements in this little piece that always appealed to me. The colour is one, the almost accidental use of greens and dark blue in an otherwise hot colour scheme. Also the three dimensional simple flower shapes which were held down in the centre only with one contrasting French knot.
The reason I've put it on here tonight is to remind myself of a colour combination I want to explore soon - the soft corally reds and minty green. That sounds pretty awful but I saw a tiny picture in a magazine with those colours and it struck a chord. So we'll see.
This week I aim to do more work on my white circles....

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marion - catching up on your blog posts this evening :) Finding your embroidery very inspiring - loved the white circles! Looking forward to the coral and greens :)
    Alison

    ReplyDelete