I am using this blog to chart my journey as I get involved with stitched textiles again after a gap of twenty odd years. I've tried once or twice recently to get started, but time - the lack of it - got in my way. Now seems right though, and this online diary will be my reminder not to let it slip through my fingers again.
Wish me luck.

Friday 28 May 2010

Holidays over, back to work

This is where we were for a few days. It was an inspiring place  - for light, colour and texture. Work, as in making a living work, is demanding at the moment, but tomorrow I intend to DO MY OWN TEN MINUTES (see previous posts) and will post the results. It's a promise.
PS One picture tonight - a postcard, made and sent to Emma at A Little Bit of Everything for her 50th birthday. I was playing with techniques of fusing fabric with a soldering iron.

I've never done any swaps like this before, and she had sent me a lovely postcard in her own distinctive style - one of approx fifty she has made and sent out to blog friends all over the world - which must have been quite a challenge.
She is now receiving daily a whole host of gems of work in return. What a good idea to mark a special birthday. She is posting photos on her blog if you want to have a look.
Sorry Emma, I haven't photographed the postcard you sent me yet. I'll do that tomorrow.
PPS Here is Emma's postcard to me. A collage of paper, fabric and stitching with stamped details. Very reminiscent of sea and shore, I think, and apt because she lives on the beautiful Isle of Skye.

5 comments:

  1. What a fantastic way to celebrate 50 - but making 50 postcards...?! Maybe if I start now I might be ready to do something similar...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I didn't see you - we may have been in An Lanntair at the same time (which is funny because I haven't been in for weeks!) Hope you had good hols :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great against the black! Really enjoying the postcard making but it has taken over my life! Determined to get the Australian, US, Danish & Swedish ones out early next week then the rest of the uk ones so at least everybody has a chance of getting them before my birthday in 3 or so weeks! I'm going to make one into a collage today for a friends birthday & I know now that I can do it - many more collage will come out of this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emma, you're going to be at the point of exhaustion by the time your birthday comes.
    just off to take a photo of your postcard now to put it on my blog.
    Marion x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw your gorgeous postcard on Emma's blog - love the colours & design.
    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete