I am using this blog to chart my journey as I get involved with stitched textiles again after a gap of twenty odd years. I've tried once or twice recently to get started, but time - the lack of it - got in my way. Now seems right though, and this online diary will be my reminder not to let it slip through my fingers again.
Wish me luck.

Tuesday 4 January 2011

Playing around - fly stitches on rubber matting with added net and french knots


Withdrawing threads from raw silk loose weave and working into it with nets and threads.

Large cross stitches on sprayed canvas.

7 comments:

  1. Your work look so colourful! I'm looking forward to seeing some more - and thankyou for following me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! This all looks lovely. :o)
    Moira
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such lovely color combinations
    a delight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You never will have the time; it doesn't seem to be given to us, you have to go & take it!

    Glad the trade fair went well for you, I don't miss that at all ;) Love those colorful pieces below.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your comments. Emma, you're so right - you have to grab the time. Instead of moaning about the lack of it.
    Watch this space - new book just bought for inspiration and there's light at the end of the tunnel workwise....

    ReplyDelete